On March 10, 2023, Coleman Search Group, Inc. sponsored James Madison University’s 2023 Alumni Awards Banquet. Coleman Search Group, Inc. founder and James Madison University graduate Darryl Coleman said, “The opportunity to give back to people and institutions that have given me so much is so rewarding. I never imagined that one day because of what JMU had provided and afforded me, I’d have a chance to provide a small token back to my home away from home during those formative four years.” Senior Partner Matt Nickens, who also attended the dinner and awards presentation, was inspired by what he saw at JMU and looks forward to continuing the CSG giving spirit in the years to come. “Seeing what can be done and how impactful it can be, motivates me to do more, and I look forward to continuing the legacy and positively impacting others,” said Matt.
The annual event held on the campus of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, recognizes several James Madison Alumnus/a for their contributions in the following award categories:
- The Inez Graybeal Roop Alumni Service Award recognizes an alumnus/a for rendering outstanding voluntary service to James Madison University and/or JMU Alumni Association.
- The Presidential Award is selected by the university president and honors a JMU alumnus/a who leads the way in being an engaged alum of the university.
- The Ronald E. Carrier Alumni Achievement Award recognizes an alumnus/a who has demonstrated significant achievements of enduring value to society and is the highest recognition bestowed by the JMU Alumni Association.
- The Social Justice Award celebrates an alumnus/a who embodies JMU’s motto of “Being the Change” by demonstrating a commitment to social justice and working to increase fairness and equity for those systematically disenfranchised and least served politically, economically, or socially in our community.
- The Student Today, Alumni Tomorrow (STAT) Award is presented to a current student and recognizes a Duke who provides leadership and serves as a role model for their peers. Dukes from Day One, Alumni for Life.
- The Young Alumni Award recognizes a graduate of the last decade with outstanding service to the university through engagement and philanthropy.